By John Arana
Creating Flash Widgets with Flash CS4 and ActionScript 3.0 is an advent to constructing widgets for the net utilizing the good points of Flash CS4 and ActionScript 3.0. Many social-networking websites, blogs, and private domestic pages have followed using widgets and Flash builders can create and distribute their very own widgets for others to exploit. A step by step instance demonstrates the best way to layout and increase your individual Flash widgets and combine them with XML. furthermore, publishing, selling, and capitalizing in your Flash widgets is mentioned.
What you’ll learn
- Using the instruments in Flash CS4
- Basic ameliorations of ActionScript 3.0
- Designing and constructing widgets
- Utilizing XML with widgets
- Publishing widgets to the net
- Promoting and capitalizing on widgets
Who this e-book is for
Creating Flash Widgets with Flash CS4 and ActionScript 3.0 goals beginner to intermediate Flash designers/developers drawn to studying tips to create and submit widgets for the web.
Table of Contents
- Introducing Flash Widgets
- Migrating to Flash CS4 and ActionScript 3.0
- Developing Your First Widget
- Taking Flash Widgets to the subsequent point
- Publishing, selling, and Capitalizing in your Widgets
Read Online or Download Creating Flash Widgets with Flash CS4 and ActionScript 3.0 (FirstPress) PDF
Best video production books
Processing unfolded the realm of programming to artists, designers, educators, and rookies. This brief booklet lightly introduces the middle innovations of laptop programming and dealing with Processing. Written by means of the co-founders of the Processing undertaking, Reas and Fry, Getting began with Processing exhibits you ways effortless it's to make software program and platforms with interactive photos.
The ebook is cooking jointly information regarding WLAN, 802. eleven, 802. sixteen, Bluetooth, 802. 15, GPRS, UMTS etc. It offers a rudimentary review of quite often the MAC of every general (and occasionally additionally PHY and a few better layer protocols), specially with recognize to to be had QoS mechanisms. regrettably, the booklet in simple terms scratches at the floor of every typical.
Avid Media Composer is the normal modifying procedure utilized by execs within the movie and tv industries and with its many functions to be had at a low cost, it’s good in the variety of great non-professionals too. With this most recent free up, Avid proves to be extra leading edge than ever in a fast moving international of electronic media.
Grasp online game layout and electronic artwork rules concurrently with this all-in-one consultant to making video games within the state-of-the-art online game engine team spirit five. Bursting with photographs and tutorials, Penny de Byl’s Holistic video game improvement with team spirit can assist the reader achieve the multidisciplinary talents had to achieve the self reliant online game undefined.
- Flash Professional CS5 Bible
- Reel success: creating demo reels and animation portfolios
- OpenGL(R) Shading Language
- Making a Movie in Premiere Elements: Visual QuickProject Guide
Extra resources for Creating Flash Widgets with Flash CS4 and ActionScript 3.0 (FirstPress)
12. Save your progress (Ctrl+S/Cmd+S). Figure 3-5. The completed room and message board. Importing the Music Since you are finally done with the graphics, you can now import the music so the robot has something to dance to. 0 43 like, but shorter loops, rather than full length songs, would definitely be better for loading time. zip. Once you have selected music, you can easily add it by doing the following. 1. In the main timeline, add a new layer and name it sound. 2. Click the 1st frame in that layer, select File h Import h Import to Stage (Ctrl+R/Cmd+R), and select the music file from your computer that you’re going to use.
You will be using a new tool that I haven’t discussed, but, in this case, its usage is very simple. Refer to Figure 3-5 for visual aid while doing the following steps. 1. Return to the main timeline, name the existing layer robot, add a new layer below this, and name it room. Temporarily hide the robot layer by clicking the dot below the eye symbol in the Timeline Window. 0 41 2. Select the Deco Tool (U) which looks like the pencil tool with a bunch of dots around it. In the Properties Window under the Drawing Effect section, select Grid Fill in the combo box.
The bigger the number the slower the robot will dance. The randomFrameTimer is a Timer that can be set up to fire an event at a specified interval. The maxX, minX, maxScale, and minScale properties are used to limit the robot’s motion and the xChange and scaleChange properties define the amount the robot moves left, right, backward, and forward. The Robot function is the constructor of this class and is automatically called. All you do in this function is set up the randomFrameTimer property (setting its interval to the value of timerInterval), listen to the timer’s event with the onTimer function, and start the timer.